Friday, October 27, 2006
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
*Leadership is temporary. At the end of the day God is the only thing left standing.
* Christian leaders ought to reek with humility
* God is sovereign!
"You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."
- The purple Clemson jerseys looked sweet. Yes I know that everyone doesn't love them, but hey we played awesome and brought back an old Clemson tradition. If we would of lost, I can't say I would like them as well.
- The Tigers will win the World Series against the Cardinals in six games - Steve (pastor) will remind me if I am wrong.
- Lock Outs are like Crack for students. They are Jonesin for another before the last one is done!
- Question from a Catalyst Podcast: "If your church was taken out of your community, who would miss it other than your people. Would the community plea for the church to say? Is your church making such an impact on your local community it would be truly missed? " Rob Bell - something to ponder on.
- Apparently babies don't have gills in the womb. They do have "gill slits" but they are not used as gills. Who knew?
- Betsy finds out if she passes the Bar this Friday at 4:30pm. This will either be a REALLY good day, or REALLY bad day. Pretty sure it will be a Good Day.
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
"Facing the Giants" was on the Today Show this morning. Very cool story. I learned a few things:
- Alex Kendrick - Director and Head Football Coach is the associate pastor at Sherwood Baptist
- The movie was made on $100,000 - taken up in donations! Remember it has made $4 million to date.
- They created another movie "Flywheel" a couple years ago. Didn't do so hot.
- Not on Today Show: found out that the assistant coach I liked JT Hawkins who is played by Chris Willis - works for Frito Lays in Albany and has seven kids and teaches Sunday school at Sherwood. He needs to get into movies!
This week at TrueNorth we are starting a new series called "Facing the Giants." (yes based on the movie) We are pumped about this series. There are so many people who face giants in their lives and feel like there is no way to defeat them. But God says different. And we are getting to do a lot of football stuff. Not giving anything away - but look for the GameDay crew set up for Sunday Morning!
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Saturday, October 14, 2006
This X-ray is not mine, but similar. My two bottom teeth were impacted. The top two were fine - but they had to go!
I must now regain my 27 years of wisdom I lost....they won't take too long!
Sunday, October 08, 2006
This is Patience Umazi. She is 7 years old and lives in Kenya. She is our Compassion child. While at Big Stuf I called Betsy and told her that God had really put Compassion on my heart and thought we should adopt a child. She said yes. Now the mission began. As I went to look at the over 50 children they had who were is need, I could not bring myself to chose JUST ONE! So I turn around, threw a pen over my should and said a prayer that the God would give us the child he had picked out. And Patience was the child I took home that day.
If you don't know, Compassion is Christian ministry that finds children in need all over the world and set them up to be adopted by someone who would pay for their schooling, clothes, food, etc. It is a great ministry that I had heard about many times over the past ten years. I continue to say later, later, later....well later is now.
We are so excited to helping Patience out. Betsy and I have already written her a letter, and she wrote us back with a picture drawn for us. Her birthday is in a couple of days, and we have a special letter and gift for her. I am thankful that God has blessed Betsy and I so that we can help those in need. One person at a time.
The past several weeks have been super busy for both Betsy and I. We have just finished a back to back weekends of weddings in Gvegas (Greenville). And almost every night Betsy or I have been out doing things. This past week the TrueNorth staff headed to ATL to a leadership and creative conference called Catalyst. It was stinkin' amazin'. I will fill everyone in on that trip in later post. And I have just come out of a SICKNESS and now Betsy is in the middle of the SICKNESS. Fun Times. That is the 411 on us - now Random Thoughts.
- Weddings during College Football season should be outlawed. Seriously even if you aren't a football fan - respect those of us who are.
- Yankees Lose...Yankees Lose....Yankees Lose!!!!
- Six Years ago I bought a Detroit Tiger hat because one of my heroes wore a Tigers hat - Magnum P.I - yes he lived in Hawaii and drove a Ferrari. And now I will wear it with pride now that they have slaughtered the New York Yankees.
- "My Hero" by the Foo Fighters can push you to finish any race strong. Today on our run - Bowden and I were 200 yards from finishing our 3.6 run - and dying! (two weeks off from sickness). Foo Fighters comes on the IPOD and I imaged the GreenWay lined with peeps singing My Hero - finished SPRINTING!!! And magnum PI was waiting at the end!
- A new Era in Clemson Football has arrived! We beat Wake Forest. 24 Points in the 4th quarter are you kidding me.
- Studio 60 (NBC) one of the best new shows on TV.
- I am getting my wisdom teeth out Friday - Why do they call them wisdom teeth? Laura O, does Alan know the answer to this riddle?
- Jeff Foxworthy (who was at the Catalyst conference) will make you pee in your pants.
- Terrell Owens is the worst player on my fantasy Team! "Can you step into my office- you're fired."
Stayed for more post! Soon...Like in 5 minutes.