Saturday, March 17, 2007

Unleashed Conference

This past Thursday we heading to NewSpring to check out their Unleashed Conference. Kevin and Laura, who has the been blog in the bloging sphere, have already posted on this event - but I too will add my two cents.

* NewSpring has an army of volunteers who were there to serve. Great job guys. Some even took a day off at work to come and serve other people. Above and beyond the call of duty.

* It is funny to listen to Perry Noble with someone who has never heard him speak. They look at me and go "Did he really just say that?" Perry is what we call a no hold bars preacher. It can be offensive to some - funny to others. I will give him props, the dude brings the Word. And people come to KNOW JESUS!

* Cool seeing and catching up with people from Clemson and NewSpring. I am telling you that Clemson puts more people into ministry than many seminaries.

* Student breakout session was good - not so much new information. Just enforcing the main idea I took (and Laura) away from the conference - ENPOWER. They have several assistance and paid staff in their student ministry....but they were all at once ENPOWERED volunteers. So now it is my job to pray, seek, and enpower those around Element to continue to grow the kingdom of God.

3 comments:

what a hoot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
what a hoot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
what a hoot said...

...and I must say, you are already doing an awesome job!!!! It can't do anything, but get even better! With Jesus and Walt....WOW! y'all make an awesome team! Connor is like a different child since 180. My thanks go to God and to you, Walt. Thanks for your obedience to Him with this ministry!