Monday, September 25, 2006

Tanner Rednecks

Well this weekend I work harder at making Betsy a little more red around the collar! Mrs. Furman - Lawyer girl went with me to watch one of our students (Amanda Benner) race in her dragester! FUN TIMES at the Carolina Dragstrip. This is apparently one of the best dragstrips in the south east. If you knew my girl Amanda you would NEVER know she is a racer. But she GOOD.

Since our involvement, not only now have we been to the dragstrip, but also to a NASCAR race! Betsy had NEVER been into NASCAR until Walter. Two years ago for my birthday....she bought us tickets to Bristol (how awesome is my wife). She even has a driver now - Darrell Jarrett. Her theory was she used UPS - so that would be driver.

Don't let her fool you - she had a little country in her. She did do a year on the Rodeo circuit as a barrel racer! You can take the girl out of the country, but ya can't take the country out of the girl - even in the court room! Her is to all the UNDERCOVER rednecks out there - YEE HAW! (one of the greatest TV shows ever!!!!!!)

3 comments:

Brent Douglas said...

Yeah, you're SO Nascar savvy that you called DALE JARRETT by the name of Darell Jarrett... I mean, I know Darell is a common Nascar name, but really. Come on Mr. Nascar Tanner... haha

LAURA'S BLOG said...

Walt, I know that you know it was really "Hee Haw!" All real rednecks know that! I'm just a pickin...and you're a grinnin, right?

Walt and Betsy said...

Oh- yeah...laura you got me. Since it has been about 15 years since I saw the show you can show a redneck some mercy.
I will end with "...i searched the world over and thought I found true love-splat (best I could do with the sound) you were gone!