Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Great Story...

As I continue to push through read the ENTIRE bible (something I have started many times, but actually never finished in one time frame) I came across a story I read long ago. This is a GREAT Story for bald student ministers, but not a bed time story for the little kiddies. Why? Because kids die for mocking Elisha for his bald head:

"As he (Elisha) was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths." 2 Kings 2:23-24

And who says our God isn't a just God. God took out an entire YOUTH GROUP! Actually this is a crazy story and leaves me scratching my head. But I know God has my back if I scratch it too much and become bald.

No comments: