Saturday, October 15, 2005

My First Post--Life

So, Walt tells me that I have to write a blog. I do not really have time to be writing blogs, but because I love him I will take the time and do it.

This first post will just be about life. First, I love married life. We have been married for about 2 and 1/2 months now and are definitetely still in the "honeymoon stage." As a matter of fact, I think married life is getting better and better as each day goes by. I pray that we will continue to grow closer and love each other more as we grow old together.

School is school. I am in law school at the University of Georgia, and I will graduate May 20, 2006. I have enjoyed school for my entire life, but after almost 21 years of school I am ready to get out! Right now I am looking for a job. I am interested in doing public interest work. Specifically, I would like to work with women, children, and families. In the past I have worked with children in the juvenile court system who have been abused or neglected. Right now I am working in a clinic through the law school where we help victims of domestic violence obtain protective orders. I know what I want to do, but I just have not quite figured out how to get paid for it yet. Keeping it in prayer.

Church is going great. I am really enjoying building relationships, particularly with our Journey Team (small group).

That's it for now.

No comments: