Monday, November 07, 2005

Erwin McManus Quote

If you have noticed I have added "Walt's Bookshelf" to give a glimpse of books I am currently or recently read. As you can tell I am fan of Erwin McManus right now. "Barbarian Way" is an Excellent book that every Christian should read. I am almost done with "Seizing your Define Moment." In my most recent sermon at TrueNorth I quoted McManus from Seizing your define Moment." Check this quote out and chew on it a little while. It might make you think! Dangerous I know - but worth the risk.

"We have put so much emphasis on avoiding evil that we have become virtually blind to the endless opportunities for doing good. We have defined holiness through what we separate ourselves from rather than what we give ourselves to. I am convinced the great tragedy is not the sins that we commit, but the life that we fail to live." Erwin McManus pg. 34

This is where the point from H2O came from: Holiness is more than the ABSENCE of sin, it is the development into the character of Christ.

No comments: